Monday, November 1, 2010

Parma Cross

Finally a solid cross race.

I took way to long to get locked into my left pedal, resulting in a poor start, but it was fun passing a bunch of guys on the tight and sketchy forested gravel section. I made may way up to Mr. holeshot Henri before the first lap was over, and went by going a little faster than he could handle after a week of 1hr of training.

Soon after I was in the 4th,5th,6th train and was going solid. They had short barriers out, which myself, Henri and Mcgyver29r were hoppin, and gaining a couple seconds on the rest of the field each lap because of it.

About half way through I was in 4th or 5th with a small gap, and had a fluke crash behind the stair run-up. I was getting ready to dismount, and my pedal ejected me while I was standing on it on the left side. The ground was super bumpy here, so maybe that made my foot turn or something, but anyway I got up fairly quick after rolling down the trail for a bit. My bike was on the other side of the trail, and as I started to run over to it the 5th place guy came by yelling watch out! I failed to regain contact with him after that.

I forget now If I caught a guy, or he caught me, but I was around him for several laps, going back and forth. Late in the race we both came into the barriers at the same time, with me hoppin and him running. I was on the right, and landed hop 1, pointed a bit left, and he was running on the left, drifting right to the center. We came together between the barriers, and next thing I know I am flipping through the air over barrier 2. I slammed down hard, and had the wind knocked out of me pretty good. Right side/ribs hurt, but not to bad. I got rolling again, just soon enough to hold off the chaser in 7th. I couldn't catch the guy in 5th after that, but rolled in for 6th with a solid gap, and got a nice $25 pay out for that.

It felt good to actually go fast when I hammered. Still not much punch, or explosive power, but if I train and rest well, I think I can get some for next Saturday.

Thanks mom/dad for the drive, and recovery meal after!


Eyedea aka Micheal Larson R.I.P.. Thanks for being real and motivating me along. E&A all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment