Monday, February 28, 2011

100th post?

Can't believe I've done this 100 times now, and still find it tricky to come up with an opening sentence.

Thought I would know how to type by now too, but no. Still only use 4 fingers and my right thumb.

So I am on my spring break as of Saturday, and have already got 10hrs of pedal time in. Sat and Sun was back to back circle route laps, in far from favorable conditions. Saturday I was joined by Justin and the first couple hours was spend riding through a heavy dump of snow. It let up by the time we got to the Falls, but we never saw dry roads till long after Fort Erie. Justin was not having his best day, and came close to bonking in Fort Erie, but made an epic recovery with the help of some sweets and a coffee. Stopping at Ontario Bakery in Fort Erie is a must during winter rides. Wish they had date squares, but their macaroon squares do just fine.

Ride time Saturday was almost bang on 5 hours for me, but I had to push it a little from Welland to home, after splitting ways with Justin. Average speed was 28.4km/hr. Sunday I did it in 4:50 with only one quick stop at the bakery for a mac square. Felt it in my legs a lot more on Sunday, but was able to finish strong with an average speed of 29.8km/h.

Plan for today is to do a sub 2hr recovery ride, and get some assignments done that aren't due for 3 weeks. Gotta get ahead now if I want to benefit from the OCA camp.

Lots of big rides going down this week. 25hrs of ride-time is the goal. hope roads get clean enough to take my old road bike out, and see what I can do on the powertap. Still waiting for some oval chainrings for my new whip, so it has yet to be pedaled.

all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment