Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Legs just wanted to climb

I had on awesome ride on my CX bike yesterday covering 90km. Headed south along a snowy canal path with no planned route. Turned right on a road that looked clean, and happened to be hwy 20, which leads to Fonthill. Climbed up to downtown Fonthill, than actually got an urge to go over to Saylors and climb it. I did just that, and with the help of a tailwind, got over it without working to hard.

One lap of the Niagara Classic later and I was climbing it again. I was not liking the cold wind on the open farm roads, so I headed back south through my favorite route, Hollow Rd to Holland Rd to Cataract Rd.

Took a right on Decew and then after crossing the new bridge jumped on some singletrack to see how it was. Not bad, bumpy for a CX bike, but will be great for MTBs.

With another 1.5hr to kill, I rode over to hydro, and did six reps of it, with some flats added in here and there.

Legs never let me down, but I sure felt the effort by the time I got home.


On Monday, I hiked for 4.5hrs with Justin and his dog Molson. It was very enjoyable, and definitely a great workout. We even stopped to do push-ups a few times to make it a full body workout.

Off to school now
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment