Friday, March 5, 2010

She Rides Like a Dream!!




So my Stumpy is built up with my parts of preference, but shes gonna get lighter soon. Still to come: lighter more blingy brakes, a carbon post and Ritchy foam grips. Goal is sub 21lbs. I think shes about 22.5-23lbs right now.

I rode her into work this morning, and man is she ever a rocket. So stiff and twitchy, it was so fun just to hammer through an intersection. Geometry feels great, and like she turns sharper and is easier to get more weight on the front end. I think I will like the Small Block 8's too.

Training since Georgia: I have just been riding every morning before work. Monday I just went straight in because I was so excited to see my new bike. Tuesday I rode along the canal and did some hill reps up the escarpment. Wednesday I rode around Brock U and did hill reps up Hydro. Thursday I rode to Fonthill and did 2 laps of the Niagara Classic route. Today I messed around on my Stumpy. No 3hr+ rides yet this week, but some back to back 5hr+ rides to come this weekend. Maybe circle route two days in a row?

I would have to say that since my trip, I am enjoying climbing a lot more. Climbing still hurts the same, but I think I can go a little faster, and at the top I get the "is that it" feeling a lot more. I feel stronger at the top and as I accelerate on the flats. I guess that's the benefit of doing 20km climbs eh!

All for now
Peace

3 comments:

  1. That's a wicked nice ride. Ride it like you stole it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! What brakes are you thinking of?

    The thought of you + training brings fear to my legs, relieved only by the knowledge that you will upgrade soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha,

    for brakes I am thinking Avid Elivir CR mags, or maybe the XX set? Depends how spendy I feel after the camp.

    ReplyDelete