Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pre-reg Only. Oops

Missed out on the CX provincials action that went down at Kelso today. Totally my fault, I forgot to sign up early, and never bothered to read the tech guide that clearly said pre-reg only. Didn't find out till last night, and I had already planned to go up with Henri, so I went and tried to get a favor out of the oca to get me in.

No luck. The Commissionaire had to be a dick and stick to the rules. Even for one of their best customers an exception could not be made.

Didn't get get mad because I knew I could have a riot just watching. I pre rode two or so laps to get a little workout, then cruised around the course to various points to watch/cheer. I was having fun trying to motivate Henri. It helped him, and he moved up to a podium spot for U23. He was inspiring me, and making me wish I was racing so much. He was in a good battle with Marco Li, and Preston Wagler, and was able to drop them something fierce by the end. Stafford fell way back with a broken derailleur but was still able to come back and and steal the last U23 podium spot. He is a hero, and I think would have finished 2nd overall had he avoided the mechanical. Watson would have had someone to keep him working.

Gonna race there tomorrow. Hoping for mud and decent strength. I have rested a lot this week, so I should be fresh. I think I am rested enough to start doing a little intensity before the end of cross season, so I can be fitter for some November races. I get started on strength training after nationals and and hopefully get my lunge form back quickly for laps around my block.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment