Sunday, October 10, 2010

Turkey Cross

What a gorgeous day it was to spend an hour suffering in a maze of cation tape. I had some new motivation and confidence for this race, with my Dura Ace C-Fities mounted with some Dugast Rhinos. I figured that would be the most effective way to get faster, as intensity training at this point in the year is not happening for me.

I felt the a cold coming on yesterday, and went to bed with plugged nostrils, tossing and turning for a couple hours before passing out. Accidentally set my alarm for 7, but fell back asleep for another hour after that went off. Not a good a great start to the day; I usually jump out of bed around 7 on a race day. Okay so that's all the excuses I have for my mediocre performance.

During the warm-up laps I felt surprisingly amazing. My bike was rolling so smooth and and the new tubies where gripping so well. I was passing people like crazy just so I could bring speed more speed into the turns. I was loving the course and would say it was my favorite yet; to ride, but racing was another story. The twisties were soo fun, but the run-up and climbs were killing me. I suck at running, especially if its up a hill. Something I will work in in the winter.

I had a great start, settling in around 10th in a stacked field. I was going strong for the first few laps but blew up after about 4 laps. From then on I just tried to keep'r rollin, and have fun on the none up-hill parts of the course. I managed to crash on the only damp part of the course which was a twisting down hill. Not sure how I managed that, probably just got overly confident on the Dugasts. I was fine, but took a bit to get going again. While I never did get going again, but you know what I mean. I wanted so badly to stick with riders that came by, and battle it out with them, but I had no power left so they would slowly ride away.

Not sure of the result yet, but I finished a lap down after 4 leaders lapped me with 2 - go.

I still had fun though and am looking forward to the big races this weekend. I'm just going to take'r easy this week to get over this cold, and hopefully find some power come Saturday.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment