Monday, April 4, 2011

A new Family Member

Picked up my newest machine today @ Liberty!.

A 2011 Kona Jake the Snake. It looks sweet, and handles amazingly well, feels a lot like my road bike. Not my lightest steed, but with some fast wheels swapped on for P-A, I'm sure it won't let me down on my way to (hopefully) a top 10. Then, in the fall to some mid-pack CX action. It's about the same weight as my MTB @ 20.5ish pounds, which I guess isn't bad for stock, considering my MTB is worth 3x $more.

Put some Q-rings on it, and may need to get a set back post, but other than that I will keep it stock, minus wheel swapping for races. Oh ya, I also swapped the stem, and will likely get a Specialized saddle to.

Bigger head-tubes are better.

Love the paint on this one!

You could have one too for only $1500!!!

Kinda looking forward to some threshold work tomorrow, part of my final preps for Bronte. I don't feel sore from yesterday at all (surprisingly), so I think I'm on track to see improvements.

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment