Friday, April 1, 2011

Racing in two days?

Hard to believe that the season kicks of in less that 48hrs. I should be riding strong though, as I'm feeling fully recovered from all my winter/early spring training. I did some intervals this week and they went quite well. First ever 30 min tt/threshold interval I've ever done went down. I was hopping for 300-310 watt average, but I came out just shy at 292. My goal was set based on the 300 I hit racing up Caesars Head, and I thought I could beat it after some rest. Not quite the case...yet....but I'm sure the race adrenaline, and fact that it was up an uninterrupted climb made it a bit easier to keep the power down. Going to do 2x20mins next week, and aim for 310 watts each time.

I definitely need to boost my threshold power. Being able to ride tempo for hours can win me marathons, but will not get me on O-cup podiums.


After hours of salt and erosion removal, my MTB is ready to race again!!

Looks brand new again!

Oh....and here is a pic of my new road bike that I said I would post way back....


This is an amazing machine. I notice the stiffness every time I stand to pedal. Looks soo stealthy too.

So I don't really know what to expect on Sunday in terms of the trail conditions. Mansfield drains fast, but there still may be snow on the trails. Definitely won't be a dust storm like last years edition of the Homage, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was dry. Haven't ridden my MTB since the Frostbike, but am very confident in my skills on it with so many hrs spent on it in the snow this past winter. Going to ride it on the roads/grass tomorrow to fine tune some skills/ make sure I put it back together right. Should be a fun day!

Schools over in 3 weeks, so there will be an increase in posts per month when that comes around. Profs are really piling it on right now, and with the rush to dial my bikes in/get fit, I have not had any time to spare. Look forward to some race reports coming soon though!

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment