Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another November day in Shorts

The weather has been surprisingly summerlike so far this fall and today was another perfect one to shred the local single track. I did my usual 55km loop and with great legs and aimed for a respectable average speed of over 21km/hr. In the end my ave. speed was 21.7km/hr which I am very pleased with considering the fall trail conditions and the fact that I am not fully recovered from recent strength training. Yesterday I worked my hamstrings hard and the day before my quads. Although I am pushing these muscles harder than ever, they aren't getting sore after like they used too. Does that mean that I should continue to up the weights? Perhaps. So far I have gained 8lbs this off season and think the majority is muscle mass, and the rest water weight from beer consumption. I'm aiming to gain a max of 12lbs through the whole winter. Nothing too exciting happened on todays ride, except almost getting hit by a cop car on my way home when they oficer decided to make a sudden 3 point turn. I heard it's gonna be nice tomorrow again so I'll have to get out there.
Happy trails

1 comment:

  1. Weather was so sick that day.

    As for shorts, you did wear them on that ride we had to Woolverton when I was wearing long tights and soccer socks haha

    ReplyDelete