Sunday, November 8, 2009

Best ride in a while

Got out on the MTB today and logged in almost 55 km with over 40 on singletrack. The weather couldn't have been better and trails were in pristine condition with a lot of the leaves blown off and the mud spots were few and far between. Legs were surprisingly strong considering the amount off beer consumed last night and the fact that I didn't get home till 4am. I had the climb of my life on the steep side of Hogs Back as a guy walking his dog down the hill said "You'll spin out.... you'll see" as rode by him at the bottem of the climb struggling to get my worn out Spz Captain rear tire to bite into the greasy leaf covered hill. At one point I was stopped dead with my tire spinning, and three times I was sideways accross the hill aimed for the bushes. I didn't give up and somehow pulled it off making me so happy to have proved that guy wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Greasy track riding skills like that should be put to the test in the WOW Winter Enduro at Mansfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about doing this event, but if there is a crew going up with an open spot I'll take it. That's if the weather is like yesterdays...

    ReplyDelete