Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Accepted

Yesterday was kinda exciting for me because it was the day that I received my acceptance letter for college. I am now officially going to school for construction engineering and Architecture at Niagara College. Construction and Architecture have been a passion of mine since early in elementary school, so I think I will enjoy the course very much and hopefully land myself a cool job later down the road. I made sure that the course had summers off so that I can work at Liberty! part time, and push myself as far as I can with racing. To be able to race full time after school, before starting a career, is the goal that I am working towards.

I already had some scary thoughts about having to use pencils, binders and textbooks again, but that was expected since I have been out of school for two full years. I know that I have learned way more in the last two years than I did in my whole life though. To learn about what really matters and whats best for you, you just have to live. That shit cannot be taught.

On to training now:

Monday- rest day. Easy commute to and from work, just over 20km.

Today- 20 min strength and core workout followed by 1hr jog/agility. Spent 10 minutes on the lock 3 stair set doing double taps switching between leading legs. I felt worked after and was sure to spin easy on my commute into work.

As of yesterday I am now signed up to race the first ever "Frostbike" happening this weekend. That means no hill repeats this weekend, and a fun race instead. I hope to preride on Saturday because I have never riddin these trails before and hear there pretty technical. I waited till now to register because I don't have studded tires and the last thing I want to do is hurt myself trying to race on an icy course. There has been a little snow to cover most ice, and more is expected so it should be good for rubber. I'll find out soon enough.

Other good news for me is that I got into the OCA spring camp in South Carolina. That goes from March 11-21st and is road and MTB. So stoked for it and can't wait to go. It'll be a great experience and will be very beneficial to my riding.

See ya at the Frostbike.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats
    That's the course I took. Toughest course in the college but stick with it. If you need any advice feel free to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dude.

    I have no doubt that you'll be able to pursue racing for a bit after you graduate too. In fact one of my profs encouraged us to do just that sort of thing, in his speech for those of us considering grad school. His words were "do something like playing professional golf, or moving to saskatchewan, dying your hair green and playing in a punk band". Basically, get some education first to come back to when you're done, but then go live your dream for a year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, glad to hear you got into the OCA camp. Should be very beneficial.

    Yeah, that course is tough. Hope you like math.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice man, too bad you're going to miss out on the beautiful march riding this region has to offer lmao

    ReplyDelete