Friday, February 12, 2010

Chillin In Da Hood Yo

Today was an intense training day in the Hood for Justin and Myself. I wanted to get 5 Frostbike laps in, if conditions allowed, but they did not. There was about 2 inches of fresh snow and only a couple tracks through it here and there prior to ours. Most climbs were not rideable, and it was even hard to make it to the climbs in some cases. My worn out Specialized "The Captain" tires did not help, and I would say that they made the course much more challenging than on my Schwalbe Rocket Rons. Still super fun though.

Second lap was much better with our tracks, and minus my booties that would pack with snow snow every time I dismounted. Made some climbs that I didn't think were possible the first time around, and felt more comfy technically. Legs were great all day but felt strongest this lap.

Third lap we went in reverse to see the trails form another perspective, and bomb down all those descents that we had to hike up in previous laps. More was rideable this way, and it was nice to not dab as much. I slid out a couple times and had some close calls, but kept it upright for the most part. Justin was practicing various crash types for and even invented some new ones. He will be the toughest guy at races so watch out for him. We finished with exhausted upper bodies, and very hungry. My core is feeling great though and I would have to say that all those planks and deadlifts are paying off. Good to know I'm doing something right.

Tomorrow we're planning 100km on road with cross bikes, Sunday I want to MTB again somewhere and Monday I'm thinking hill reps if I feel strong enough.

Only 4 more days of work till I head to Georgia!! Can't wait! Hope it warms up though because my dad said it got below zero and snowed last week while he was there. Still warmer than here though.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment