Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More Carbon!

I am soon have one of these StumpJumper Carbon comps on its way to me. I will be buying it mainly for the frame, and hope to sell most of the parts in their new condition. Reason for selling parts is because I have and XTR drivetrain on my Kona as well as two wheels sets, and would prefer to swap it over. All I want to keep are the brakes, saddle and handlebar, but if you offer me the right price I will let them go. I will sell stuff cheap! here is the parts spec......

FORK
Fox Float F90 RL, 90mm travel, air spring, compression and rebound adj. w/ LO, alloy steerer
STEM
3D forged alloy, adjustable rise, 31.8mm clamp
HANDLEBARS
Specialized XC low rise bar, 7050 butted alloy, 31.8mm, 660mm wide, 8 degree back sweep, 6 degree up
GRIPS
Specialized waffle lock on grip (15.5/17) Specialized Thick lock on grip (others)
FRONT BRAKE
Custom Avid Elixir R SL, alloy backed organic pads, S/M: 160mm rotor
REAR BRAKE
Custom Avid Elixir R SL, alloy backed organic pads, 15.5/17: 140mm, other sizes: 160mm rotor
BRAKE LEVERS
Custom Avid Elixir R SL Hydraulic, tool-less adj. reach
FRONT DERAILLEUR
Shimano M660 SLX, DMD, top swing, dual pull
REAR DERAILLEUR
SRAM X-9, 9-speed, mid cage
SHIFT LEVERS
SRAM X-7, aluminum trigger
CASSETTE
Shimano HG61, 9-speed, 11-34t
CHAIN
SRAM PC-971, 9-speed w/Power Link
CRANKSET
Custom Shimano FC-M542, 15.5: 170mm, others: 175mm
CHAINRINGS
44A x 32A x 22S, 4-bolt, 104/64mm
RIMS
Custom DT Swiss X420SL, 24mm w/ eyelets, 28h/32h
FRONT HUB
Specialized Hi Lo disc, CNC flange, sealed cartridge bearing, 9mm DT RWS, alloy QR, 28h
REAR HUB
Custom Shimano M525 SL, alloy QR, 32h
SPOKES
DT Swiss 1.8mm stainless
FRONT TIRE
S-Works The Captain, 26x2.0", 120 TPI, tubeless ready aramid bead, dual compound
REAR TIRE
S-Works Fast Trak LK, 26x2.0", 120 TPI, tubeless ready aramid bead, dual compound
SADDLE
Specialized Phenom, hollow Cr-Mo rails, thin foam, S/M: 130mm, L/XL: 143mm
SEATPOST
2014 butted alloy, single bolt setback, 30.9mm

If you are interested in any of these parts, contact me (email on your right) to make an offer. I will post the length of the forks steer tube as soon as I get the bike. Don't be afraid to throw some low balls at me, I will not be offended and may like your price! Please tell your friends.

Recent Training:

Monday: recovery from race. Didn't even ride in to work because my left knee was sore from a crash in the frostbike. Work was quite physical though for a solid seven hours.

Tuesday: 1/2 hour strength workout at home. I did every excise I could think of that I felt was helping my riding. Body weight squats and jumping jacks (not many because they hurt my knee a little) worked great for a warm-up. I did wall sits, planks, pull-ups, push ups, deadlifts, swings, sit ups an calf stuff all in no particular order. Just whatever I felt like doing I did, and I left very little recovery between. I may have invented a new very effective calf workout. What I do is stand on a step with the palm of one foot, and hold a 25lb dumbbell in the matching hand, holding it for two minutes. The first minute is easy, but after that the burning is intense, an the last 30 seconds is very painful. I did each foot twice. I came up with this because I wanted to do to my calves what wall sits do to my quads; make them burn! Also, snowboarding creates a serious burn in your calves when you ride your toe edge for a long time, and I wanted to mock that. Doing partial raises or bouncing on that foot may make this even more effective. Try it.......

After that workout, I rode into work adding in an extra loop with two climbs up the escarpment. Took about one hour.

Wednesday: 1 and a 1/4 hour snowy jog. I ran on flats for 50 mins and spent about 25 mins seshing the lock 3 stair set. Went up it about ten times with a straight sprint the last time. Legs felt lite and springy so I was happy. Calves where a little sore, as expected. I spun into work after for about 1/2 hour.

I have a lot of riding planed for the rest of the week and over the long weekend. Hood on Friday, Hill reps one day and a really long road ride if the weather is decent. Gonna be fun, I can't wait to go back to the hood!

Peace and love

4 comments:

  1. what is wrong with the kona it is a beautiful velo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had a calf strain a couple years ago the main exercise given to me by my physio was calf raises - just body weight, ball of both feet on a step, raise and hold for 5 seconds and lower to below hight of step (full calf extension). He had me doing 3 sets of 20, which was quite the burn.

    The extension, which I was never able to do more than 2 or 3 of, is the same thing on one foot at a time. Double the resistance is huge on an exercise like that. Both feet at once but with dumbells might be the right middle ground resistance wise, if you can't do the single leg one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, my Kona is beautiful, but I really want to try a carbon frame. My Kona will still be ridden the most though as I will use it for all training rides and maybe some muddy races.

    AD

    ReplyDelete