Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Performance Enhancer Of Choice




These are some lightly used Dura-Ace C-50 Tubulars that I picked up today. The stickers were swapped for the smaller C-24 ones once the original ones began to peel, making them look more stealthy. They had cross tubies glued on prior, and I just finished picking off the old glue. I will most likely buy the Continental Competition tubulars to glue on, and only use these wheels for road racing, and maybe the odd training ride. Can't wait to ride them! They look soooo fast. Thanks for the sweet deal Joe.

Today I got to tear up the Hood with Justin Henry. I had never seen these trails prior to today, and I regret not getting to them sooner. They are sick! So fun, flowy and tight. Much more O cup like than any other trails in Niagara. I am going to have to make it there as much as possible. Jeff K was bang on when he said the current trail conditions were like Ganaraska in the summer. The snow rides like sand, and your tires will wash out easily if you don't distribute your weight perfectly. There was very little ice visible and easy lines around it. I had a couple crashes, but they were nothing like the ones Justin was having. I was just sliding out here and there, but Justin on the other hand was getting some air time and trying to show the trees who's boss. We left in one piece, ready to go back tomorrow and time trial the course. It's gonna be a damn fun race!

Thanks for all the work on the course Shorthills crew!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice wheels! I agree about the hood, really fun in there. See you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete