Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Farewell Ride

Today I got in my last ride of the year, and my last ride before my vacation. I rode to Welland on the canal path and dropped by JH's to return his balaclava, and grab some munch. There was a strong headwind on my way out, and the snow on the path was semi packed making it slow and unpredictable. It took me almost two hours to make it to Justin's - a ride that would be well under one hour via road bike and minus the snow. I opted to take roads home finding the snowy path to frustrating. I felt like I was flying with the wind at my back and on the clean road. I just sat up and put it cruse control making it home in about 50 mins.

After refueling, I spent a couple hours trying to think of everything I needed for my trip, and them cramming it into a two bags. I'm only gonna be gone for 2 weeks, and all I'll be doing is snowboarding, so I was thinking that it would take me 5 minutes tops to have everything packed. Snowboard, boots, bucket, outdoor clothing, a few changes of clothes; pretty simple. But then I remembered that I need to bring my own bedding and that I will be to lazy to do laundry, so that meant gathering a lot more soft goods, and expanding to a larger suitcase. It's all good now and I feel relieved, but have that "I'm definitely forgetting something" feeling going. I probably am, but I'm sure I'll survive without it.

So this means no posts for 2 weeks. I'll throw up the best pics/vids when I get back and hopefully have a story or two to share. Inspired by the Jeff M and K's year end wrap-ups I want to write one, but I'll wait till I get back. By then I will have forgotten most of the season and you will get the biased half made-up version of the truth. It could be interesting.

Happy New Year to all and remember to arrive alive; don't drink and drive!

2 comments:

  1. That thing you are forgetting that you can't live without is your cross bike.

    ReplyDelete