Thursday, December 3, 2009

Success!!

Well I made it all the way around the block this morning. It was hard, probably one of the hardest things I've ever done off the bike, but I did it, and am satisfied. I got props from an elderly lady out walking, and a couple guys looked at me like I was crazy, which I think I am. I had to stop about six times to walk around in circles for recovery, but other than that I went steady the whole time. I started counting how many lunges I was doing between breaks and the result was sets of about 70, 60, 50, 50, 40, 40, 40, 30. As you can see they got shorter and shorter as I got tired. Next time I will limit myself to sets of 50 right from the start so that I don't ware myself out early on; hoping I can do sets of 50 all the way. I checked the time before I went out and I turned out that it took me just over half an hour to complete the loop. Doing it with 25pound dumbbells rather than 15 seems possible, but I will do it a few more times with 15's first.

To get warmed up I spun for 10 min's, did some core work and some push ups while getting pumped listening to some good tunes. I don't think I could have done it without them. the songs that did it were:

Idiotuque- Radiohead
All I Can Do- Felt
Bridle- Sage Francis
Take Me To The Basement- Aesop Rock

I'm gonna be hurtin tomorrow, but soon as I feel recovered I'll be givin'r again. I'm excited to see if I can notice gains when I go to do squats again.

No comments:

Post a Comment