Sunday, December 6, 2009

My New Ride

Here's some pics of my new whip....






Unfortunately, I didn't get out to Shorthill's on it like I was hoping to because I was tired all morning and spent a while in the afternoon tweaking and dialing it. I messed around with it for an hour or so on my street and at the nearest park once it was set up with the cross-tops off and and an upgraded stem. I practiced some tight turns around trees, off camber turns on a tiny hill and bunny hops. I was very impressed with how tight the bike turned and how the tires really dug into the soft grass. I felt like I could rail it through hairpin turns. My bunny hops need a lot of work though if I'm gonna clear any barriers. I can tell this bike will be perfect for riding through snow and mud this winter.

Soon to happen upgrades:
- front and rear fenders
- Cateye computer
- Q-rings (will ride the rounds for a bit, but I'm not liking the feel after being so used to the ovals)
- lights/reflectors
- some gnarlier tires for nasty suff

Looking forward to a trail ride ride on it sometime this week.

3 comments:

  1. Fenders + cross bike make for an awesome training machine, and then you can take them off and do some racing too. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete