Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rained In

Watching the weather network last night got me pumped for what I thought would be my first day waking up to the white stuff. But no, all there was on the ground at 8am was slush, and rain was coming down hard. I was hoping for snow because my cross bike is ready for it with new fenders, and I want to carve it through some snow at my park, and go plow through it on some gravel paths to get some miles in. This was the scenery this morning....



You Can see the shitiness out there and why I have decided to ride indoors instead.

Yesterday I lunged all the way around my block for the second time. I did some Adam Morka agility jumps for a warm-up, and was surprised at how fast they got my heart rate up. Thanks for that one Adam.

About 1/4 way around the block I was thinking "that sucks how I've already made it all the way around, cause if I back down now, I'm quitting something that I know is possible". I think that's what got me around because I was in some serious pain, and almost fell over during a couple lunges. I did get around easier than last time though, probably because I controlled my sets doing 40 lunges every time, and 30 on the last 3 or 4.

At the new Liberty Bicycles, we recently discovered that we had a pool at the bottom of our elevator shaft. It was about 14 inches deep, and the pump located in the back corner was not functional. Derek and I went in with our shop vacs and four garbage cans to see if we could suck some water out and get the level down to a point where we could access the pump. After about 16 garbage cans full, we opted to just reach down and pail the water out, because the shop vacs were a little slow and the water was barely going down. After about 28 garbage cans full total, I called it quits because the water only went down ~4 inches. We will have to go back to our original plan of renting a pump, but the issue with that is that we will need over 100ft of hose to make it outside and close to a sewer. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

How I've been starting my days.....





I didn't know my parents even had a press, but I sure love the coffee it brews. Yummm.

2 comments: